Commercial Finance Analyst
Manchester – hybrid working
£30,000 - £45,000 (Depending on Experience) + benefits
Focus 5 Recruitment are looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst to sit within a small finance team of a fast growth business based in Manchester. In this role you will work to support the accounts team with financial reporting but importantly, you will help to create reports and the accompanying commentary to advise to board and Senior Management on strategic decisions.
This is a role for an entrepreneurial finance candidate who would love an opportunity to bring structure and guidance to the organisation by implementing a suite of new tools and systems. You will be comfortable liaising with Senior Management and discussing what the reports indicate. There is a real opportunity for growth and development in this role.
This Commercial Finance Analyst position is an all-round, hands-on Finance role supporting business operations. We are looking for an organised and driven individual who will report to the Chief Financial Officer. This role sits within a fast-growing business with an ambitious five-year growth strategy so it will be suited to an individual who is looking for the next step in their career development and wants to grow and develop in line with the growth of the business.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will be responsible for
- Creation of concise reporting of business performance vs financial and non-financial KPIs across all departments, with key variances understood.
- Provide commercial advice, commentary or reports to the departments, Exec team and the Board to extract commercial value out of financial and market information.
- Diagnose weekly performance and provide insight-led recommendations.
- Designing, building and owning a suite of financial reporting dashboards and working with the CFO on developing/implementing new tools and systems.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Oversee weekly Cashflow preparation, analysis and forecasting.
- Working with all departments to critically evaluate their ability to hit targets and identify risks/opportunities.
- Be the face of Finance to the wider business, building strong working relationships and using commercial skills to identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Supporting the CFO with the budget and forecasting processes.
- Other ad-hoc duties and reporting as required by CFO.
Behaviours, required experience and qualifications
The Commercial Finance Analyst will be / demonstrate
- Part/Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of Xero and reporting add ons.
- Experience working in a fast-growing business
- Able to work independently and within tight timelines
- Able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong ERP / finance system skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
This Commercial Finance Analyst role is a great opportunity for you to have a real impact on the growth and direction of an amazing business who is targeting fast growth in a really interesting industry. This is a live role with a key client. For full details and immediate consideration, please submit a CV ASAP.