Job Description – Content Researcher / Video Journalist
Salary - £18k-£23k+ BONUS
Location – Ideally Manchester, commutable to Manchester or someone who can relocate to Manchester within the first 3 months.
Type of Employment – Full Time
Focus 5 Recruitment are proud to be the exclusive Talent Partner for Komi Group
We are KOMI, a social media, marketing and licensing group focused on making social simple and taking creative content to the next level. We own huge media brands, license amazing content to the world’s biggest media companies and grow communities for some of the UK’s best-known consumer organisations.
KOMI Social, our creative, media and social agency, specialises in community management, social strategy and media amplification. We’ve grown and manage some of the UK’s biggest media brands and our team is jam-packed with the expertise to do for other brands too. Our commercial team are there to connect that great work with brands, agencies and organisations of all sizes.
This position is for an outgoing internet junkie with a good eye for what makes a user-generated video funny, heart-warming, unique or awesome.
This person should be a high-performing team player that is willing to exhaust all resources to get the job done, while being confident enough to ask for assistance when needed. The position requires strong written and oral communication skills. Video Buyers must be comfortable speaking to people on the phone about how great their videos are.
The right candidate will show the ability to find and integrate information from multiple sources, optimizing research tools and information sources to provide the most relevant content in the fastest turnaround time. Identify video content from multiple platforms before it goes viral and to fit customer briefs in a short space of time. People with a good sense of humour and sales experience preferred.
Objectives of this Role –
- Acquire video content for Editorial publishers, TV shows and digital brands
- Clearance of individual videos and appearance releases
- Discovery, sourcing and acquisition of user-generated content
Necessary skills –
- Ability to identify and source videos before they go viral
- Results-oriented and performance-driven required
- Ability to be resourceful and take initiative required
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of rights and clearances
- Sense of humour is a must
Desired Skills -
- Clip show research or clearance experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- NCTJ qualifications preferred
Career Progression Opportunities –
- With success comes progression. Depending on what level they come in, they could be building their own small team and managing them in the medium to long term.
OTE earnings will be a combined fixed based salary plus bonuses. Further benefits include:
- Incredible Bonus Scheme
- 33 days’ holiday, plus your birthday off!
- Access to a Wellbeing Officer
- Paid Charity Volunteer Days
- Hybrid working
- Monthly Socials
- Staff Loyalty Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Dog-Friendly Office
This is a live role with a key client. For full details and immediate consideration, please apply ASAP.