Account executive (Content Focused)
Are you an experienced Account Executive looking for a change? Focus 5 Recruitment are working with an exciting PR agency in Manchester who are looking for an Account Executive.
We’re a dedicated B2B marketing communications agency. We deliver brilliant PR for clients, whether that’s content strategy and development, social media, earned media, influencer relations or good old digital communication programmes. While our clients sit across a variety of industries, one thing connects them all: a need to build brilliant relationships in the B2B sector. That’s where we come in.
We want you to be all the things that most agencies ask for: bright, enthusiastic, confident, a self-starter whose ambitions match our own. But we want more (we’re demanding, we know) – we want you to be you. Prides itself on having a culture and environment that lets you bring your unique self to work every day. Oh, some experience of working in a B2B PR agency would be great as well. But don’t let that stop you from applying. If you think you have transferable skills then let us know.
As a key member of the PR, content and digital team, you can expect to utilise your skills in media handling, client relationships, writing, social media, brand development, marketing and communications, whilst developing your career to the next level.
While our clients work across a variety of sectors, many of our clients are at the forefront of innovation and we also have some big brands on our books too. There will be plenty of topical areas to get your teeth into.
This job is also an opportunity to work together with some of the best PR practitioners in the region whilst bringing your own experience and skills to the table.
As an account executive, you’ll need to
- work within your client teams to ensure that PR, digital and integrated marketing programmes are delivered to a high level through:-
- Front line pitching/media relations for key clients
- Spotting proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Writing strong and persuasive content in whichever format you turn your hand to
- Utilise PR, digital and content marketing tools to deliver campaigns that go beyond what’s expected
- Being a confident point of contact for your clients
- Supporting the delivery of critical reporting and measurement
- Work with your client team to develop awarding winning PR programmes
- Work well within a team and contribute to the culture
- Contribute to the growth through new business activities
This role is what you want it to be... we’re looking for you to inspire us too!
Required skills, education and qualifications
- Minimum of one to two years' experience in a PR agency
- Strong B2B, tech, construction or SME experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of sector, business, regional and national press
- Experience of writing content for, and managing social media platforms
- Experience of creating and pitching stories to the press
- A professional approach with a drive for success
- An interest in your environment – from the technology you use at home and work to the way you interact with others
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office 365
- Salary £24,000 – £26,000 a year
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of salary based on individual and company performance
- £1000 training budget per employee
- Health benefits – enhanced sick pay, opt in Denplan dental insurance
- 25 days holiday allowance plus a day off for your birthday
- Reward platform – bonus points awarded for great work and teamwork
- Team social events – breakfasts, team lunches, summer & Christmas events, annual off sites
- 4.30pm finish on a Friday
- Face to Face hybrid working approach which we can make work for the right person
- Flexible working that treats you like a grown up to manage your own time